Sign in or register

If you want to take part in the discussions, sign in or apply for membership below!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion

Remote+ with gaming emulators

edited September 2016 in PROBOX2 Remote+
Hi all,
The Remote+ is working great with Android-native games but not emulators used to run retro games like SNES. The strange issue I'm having is that most emulator software, such as RetroArch, sees the remote as two devices rather than one. The D-Pad and OK button are defined as one device then the A,B,X,Y buttons are seen as a completely separate device. So in most games you can move around but not shoot or jump.
I tried reflashing my probox thinking it might be a setting that I mistakenly changed, but no luck yet. I've tried playing around with key-mapping inside the emulators but most of them define one device per player.
Anyone else having this issue? Anything I should try?
Thanks.

Comments

• Hi andoni,

Did you ever solve this? Did you get the remote plus to work with any emulators successfully?
  • I read a review once whete they stated that the remote plus works fine with retro games ... I haven't tried it yet. I will give it a go later next week
  • The only emulator I got to work was Snes9x EX+ for SNES games.
    Had to go into controller setup and make sure both devices (Remote+ and Remote+ #1) are set to player 1.
    Most emulators on android don't let you do that easily.
    Would love to get RetroArch to work on probox, there must be a way to make Remote+ defined as just ONE device.
    Marco, this might be an issue with the latest firmware since most of those reviews were from the older firmware, not sure! Let me know if it works for you.
  • Download movies like never before with one of the best app over internet get your Showbox now !!!!  
  • Get one of the best movies download app SHOWBOX.