Sign in or register

If you want to take part in the discussions, sign in or apply for membership below!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion

Probox2 Air Plus not Rooted? Please reply ASAP as this is time sensitive.

edited April 2017 in PROBOX2 Air Plus
I just purchased the brand new model of Probox. . Probox2 Air Plus.  I thought this box was supposed to come rooted. This box is not rooted and I am unable to run the six axis app. AIDA 64 and Root Checker confirms this is not rooted. Are you releasing firmware that will root the box? Can you let me know ASAP so I am not forced to return the boxes that I purchased. 

I have not had this problem with the Probox2 Air boxes that I have purchased.

Again, please reply ASAP as this is time sensitive. I will have to return the boxes that I purchased if I don't find out soon.

Comments

• I got mine today and my one is definitely rooted. Checked it with Root checker (Several of them) and also had super su to test a few apps.
  • edited June 2017
    Why rooted?,I've had a few android boxes and the ones that work best and more reliable are those not rooted,in my opinion when you root a original software you are in for a pile of issues on the long run,that's my opinion ,and this opinion comes from someone with a lot of experience in software and hardware,and as an expert in electronics,anywy i just joined this forum,i want to greet everybody,i just
    ordered a Probox2air and it's on the way, i hope to like it and enjoy
    it,at first glance this box apparent to be a great box and more like to
    have a fine OTA support, which i like most on a piece of hard ware and
    firmware,this is key me,
    I only have one fear question about the box, i
    notice maybe i'm wrong that it has no ventilation holes? if so is there a
    fan inside/ or it doesn't need ventilation? it's first time i see a
    piece of hardware not with ventilation hole on the bottom or on top?
    anyway hope you guys elucidate me,thanks  
  • Well I am an android firmware developer and I wouldn't run a box that is not rooted, There are tons of really good reasons we like them rooted, No there are no problems in the long run if you are rooted, Think of your windows PC you have Admin rights dont you ? Well that is no different then Rooted Droid, Of course like anything else if you dont know what your doing you could potentially pork the box so it wouldn't boot, However re installing the firmware is a simple fix, In the 10+ years I have been scripting my own firmware i have never had any issues whatsoever.

Top 10 reasons for root,,

1: Apps & Advertisements
    With root you can use Adaway blocking about 98% of any/all ads from just about any app.

2: Ability to remove useless otherwise permanent system apps or bloatware

3: Install Incompatible Apps ( Download apps that aren’t available in your country )

4: Back Up Every Byte on your Device

5: Overclocking & Under-clocking

6: Enjoy apps that require Root

7: Make your own custom Boot Animation

8: Customization

9: Disable Startup Apps

10: Because it's safe and you can.....

• Dannymh said:

I got mine today and my one is definitely rooted. Checked it with Root checker (Several of them) and also had super su to test a few apps.

How you check if Probox 2 Plus is rooted?
  • Dannymh said:

I got mine today and my one is definitely rooted. Checked it with Root checker (Several of them) and also had super su to test a few apps.

How you check if Probox 2 Plus is rooted?
    There are many checkers apps in Google play, you can use: 

thanks,
    CS
    PROBOX2