Sign in or register

If you want to take part in the discussions, sign in or apply for membership below!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion

PROBOX2-EX-20141015 (2nd firmware release)

Android 4.4.2 (Kitkat)
PROBOX2-EX-20141015
Release date: 15-Oct-2014

Fixed:
1. Fixed screen magnified problem when playing 1080P / 4K video clip in HDMI 720P output.
2. Fixed some portrait Apps can be usable in landscape mode.
3. Changed XBMC to 13.2 Gotham version to improve stability.
4. Make the physic power-key to be suspend/resume by press once, and long press for 5 seconds to shutdown.
5. Improve stability issue

Added features:
1. Allow to change wallpaper of PROBOX2 UI
2. Allow to add a app to multiple folders of PROBOX2 UI
3. Added Google TV Remote feature
4.  Added SuperSU which allows for advanced management of Superuser access rights for all the apps on your device that need root.
5. Added shortcut key (by pressing “Menu” + “Home” button together) to release memory to increase system performance.
6. Added an Icon to show/hide Status Bar.
7. Support new feature DRM, Playready L1/L3, Widevine.

Download: http://probox2.com/category/probox2-ex-firmware/
Upgrade method: http://probox2.com/firmware-upgrade-methods/

Comments

• Has anyone tried this new firmware out. I have been fairly satisfied with the old firmware and with Omans XBMC 14v, my only issue was with the zoom in and off center when set to 720p, and the box auto defaulting back to 720p after manual set to 1080p. So I would like to upgrade to the new firmware but don't want to loose stability in XBMC.

Anyone have and feedback on how it is running?

• Not yet Sacman11...similar to you, I am super satisfied as it does everything I want it to do...
    I'm waiting for others to come up with some experiences...

2nd thing is that my wife can handle this box and its remote now as well and it hasn't failed me since weeks now...and don't wan't to let my wife and kid down ;)

• Can I port this firmware rom onto a minix neo 8xh
  • tds
    edited October 2014
  • I imagine the edited post suggested it would work :) don't worry I own 5 of these probox2 ex and that is all I recommend to my friends.
  • Probox EX and Minix X8H is have the exact same hardware. So yes you can flash minix X8 on the probox and the other way.
    There is a bug in the latest probox firmware that is fixed in minix x8 9-2 firmware, HBO Nordic has sound but black picture.
  • Marco said:

Not yet Sacman11...similar to you, I am super satisfied as it does everything I want it to do...

I'm waiting for others to come up with some experiences...

2nd thing is that my wife can handle this box and its remote now as well and it hasn't failed me since weeks now...and don't wan't to let my wife and kid down ;)

Sacman11, I went for it and installed the latest FW...however I could not get XBMC to find my server via the SMB protocol...hence all my music and video's could not be reached via xbmc...
    Dumb enough i did not take the time to troubleshoot this issue but reflashed the box to it's initial FW how it arrived from HK. 
    At this stage it got my into trouble as my box would not let me use any other setting than 720P @60Hz.
    All my video's played incorrectly ( which i never suffered from before ). 

Now, yesterday I reflashed again to the latest FW and the output is corrected again.

It looks like XBMC is stable as i stress tested till late last night and was still running this morning when i woke up.
    I'll update in a couple of days to tell if it's still stable ( i believe it will ).
  • Marco,

I cant even get the USB Burn tool to work on my Windows 8.1 computer everytimr I try to run the program I get this error

• ocx000007b windows error

I tried the SD card flash option and when I do the hard reset with the two button I get to a black screen the gives me the a bunch of options for flashing the android box except when I choose EXT and then SDcard it does not work. Is there a trick to prepping the SD card. I copied the files to the root of the SD card with no folders yet it does not work.

Dam I hate when things don't work...

• edited October 2014
    Use this HBO app. It works for me http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1919486&d=1367166791

Arg... Not anymore :-/ only get sound too.........
  • Hmmm, probably a stupid question Sacman11:
    No old laptop lying around, or a friend/ neighbour who can lend you a laptop with xp or something??

I use an old mini laptop running xp...

Btw, where are you located sacman? Like in wich country/city?
  • Sacman11, i've been thinking , just some remarks:

1: did you format the microsdcard with fat32? If no, pls do so
    2: i performed several up and downgrades, and one was via the copy method of 3 files to root of a micro sd card.
    I also recall i got a few options, however i do not recall which options.

My best guess is (if possible) to choose SDA1
    As external is most of the time a usbstick or usb drive

If all that keeps failing, you might try to run the usb tool in a different mode.
    I am a noob for windows 7 and up but i know you can run or execute programs in a certain mode ( right click the executable ) and choose an older operating system.
    Else you might google on how to do this. This could help...

Last resort is to built an executable usb stick and install xp on it.
    Google is your friend on how to do this.

I'll sleep a night over this to see if there are any quicket alternatives m8.

Cheers Marco
  • Crap, lol, i just read your other post stating you got the job done!
    Good thinking mate, well done!!
    I'll remember this for future references.

Still curious how you are doing now with the different xbmc version and all that.

I must say i have a serious stable platform now and plays most of my stuff properly :)
  • Marco,

I have been pressure testing the new firmware, running 1080p streams with the 13.2 Gotham xbmc that comes on it and it has been very stable. Only issues is a few resets out of xbmc when trying to run some specific live tv peg streams, but i think that may be an epg xbmc thing rather than the box itself.
  • Hi, I've tried also to upgrade to the latest firmware & keep getting an error when ever I try to import the file to the burning tool. I've tried uninstalling everything then re-installing, but I'm still getting the error. Anyone any ideas?
  • samok said:

You can flash finless bob rom over at frektab for minix x8 and his tweak pack it is a superb rom.

samok said:

Running on my and all is good.

samok said:

samok said:

Use this HBO app. It works for me http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1919486&d=1367166791

Arg... Not anymore :-/ only get sound too.........

• Please can some kind soul PLEASE provide me a link to this firware.

The probox firmware link seems dead and says input password ,Which I do (my user forum password)
    But it just directs me back to the firmware page .

Any help would be most appreciated Guys.
    Thank you all who can offer any support or help.

Kind Regards
  • Tweaked apps like Instagram ++, Snapchat ++, Pandora ++, Whatsapp ++ and games like Pokemon Go ++, Mario Run ++ etc.. and you will be able to install the same apps in your device using Tweakbox without Jailbreak.
  • As you know hipaa training north carolina is the most preferred training in the town we have launched here the expert solutions. https://www.training-hipaa.net/locations/north-carolina/