Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. How to fix Return button on Kodi 17.x?
Since Kodi 17 uses keymap to define the mappings of keys (keyboard keys, mouse/remote/joysticks buttons and more) to Kodi actions. So you must configure Remote+ before first use. Otherwise the Remote+'s buttons like "Return" that does not work. Or for first time if you press "Return" or "Menu" button, it will show the dialogue box as below:
There are 2 methods to configure your Remote+ as below:
1. On Kodi 17, you can select "Settings" -> "System settings" -> "Input" -> "Configured Attached Controllers"
2. Then you can configure the key one by one and finally you can save it.
Method 2 (by using ES File Explorer with enabled "Show hidden files"):
1. Download file: http://download.probox2.com/Remote_v1915_p0163_11b.xml (if you cannot download, then open is and save as...)
2. Copy the file to internal drive, the path is:
2. My Remote+ (Buttons and Mic) does not work, how to synchronize Remote+ controller with USB receiver?
1. First of all, make sure that you have installed 2 x AAA batteries into Remote+ controller.
2. USB receiver has been plugged into PROBOX2 TV Box.
3. Insert Power adapter of PROBOX2 TV Box and power up to Android system.
4. Then press "MENU" + "HOME" buttons together of Remote+ for 5 seconds to synchronize.
5. Finally it should be working properly.
3. AVA cannot play the file via Samba / network by using Kodi, how to fix?
For AVA if you want to play network media files (via Samba / uPNP etc.) by Kodi, you need to do the following settings:
1. Go to "Settings" on Kodi.
2. Go to "Player Settings"
3. Select "Videos" -> "Then untick "Play video with external player".
4. Afterwards it can play properly for the network media files.
4. How to uninstall Kodi / Qodi and install another Kodi version on my PROBOX2?
First of all, you need to uninstall Qodi which is pre-installed on your PROBOX2 before install another Kodi version.
Here is an example of Air Plus / Air:
For EX / EX+, please read here.
1. Press "Settings" icon to go settings
2. Press "Apps"
3. Select and Press "Qodi"
4. Press "Uninstall"
5. Press "OK"
6. Press "OK" again to uninstall
7. After uninstallation, you now can install another Kodi version from Google Play store as below or you can download XBMC / Kodi on https://kodi.tv/download/
8. On Google Play store, you can search "Kodi" and it will show you Kodi app and other relative apps.
9. After installation it will shows an error message as below once, no worries since there is some changes / updates of the old PROBOX2 launcher path and press ok to continue.
10. Open Kodi, this example is version 17.
5. Remote+ (Power button) cannot power on my Android TV Box?
I'm using other brand of Android TV Box, not PROBOX2. Why the power button of Remote+ can only power off or sleep my device and it cannot power on after power off my device?
- Most of the Android TV Boxes in the market it requires its own IR sensor (Specific IR Remote Controller) to power on after power off. The power button of Remote+ with a IR sensor built-in but it is only for PROBOX2 devices.
6. Why there is no 4K HDMI mode output on my PROBOX2?
Make sure that your TV comes with 4K HDMI input. PROBOX2 will automatically detect the output modes from your TV. Only supported modes can be selected.
You can go to "Settings" -> "Display" -> "Screen resolution"
For PROBOX2 Air Plus / Air / Z, it can support up to 4K 60hz mode as below:
For PROBOX2 EX / EX+, it can support up to 4K 30Hz mode as below:
7. How to install a new HDD into PROBOX2 AVA?
How to install a (New* / Old) 2.5"inch HDD into PROBOX2 AVA?
*Attention: For NEW HDD installation, please make sure that your HDD has been initizated before insert to AVA.
You can check this video tutorial: How to Initialize and Format a New Hard Drive in Windows 10
1. Before insert your HDD, please turn off your AVA and remove the power adapter.
2. Make sure that the HDD has been completely inserted to SATA socket. Then power up the device.
3. In the PROBOX2 UI, please go to "Settings"
4. Choose "Realtek Settings"
5. Choose "Storage & USB"
6. Choose "USB drive"
7. Choose "SET UP"
8. Choose "Use as portable storage" and "NEXT"
9. Choose "ERASE & FORMAT"
10. Press "DONE"
11. After format, it will show you USB drive with the storage information.
8. I can't get any image on my TV, why and how to fix?
1. Please check whether your PROBOX2 is powered up with blue indicator light.
2. Please check the HDMI connection between PROBOX2 and TV, try to unplug and plug the HDMI cable again or replace with another HDMI cable.
3. If it does not work, then please try to connect with another TV.
4. If it still does not work, then please contact with your shop / seller / vendor for replacement / repair under your warranty period.
9. What is firmware? How to check the current firmware version of my PROBOX2?
The most basic definition of Firmware is the programming inside the main chip that makes the device run. Firmware updates can be used to add functions, fix bugs, and add playback / apps compatibility for for the devices. The main reasons include enhancing device performance and resolving compatibility problems.
To give the best user experience to PROBOX2 users, PROBOX2 updates the firmware periodically for entire PROBOX2 Series
For PROBOX2 Air Plus / Air, you can check by going to 'Settings' -> 'About' -> 'Build number'.
For PROBOX2 EX / EX+ / Z, you can check by going to 'Settings' -> 'Other' -> 'Build number'.
10. How to upgrade the latest / previous firmware?
To give the best user experience to PROBOX2 users, PROBOX2 updates the firmware periodically for entire PROBOX2 Series. You can download the latest official firmware from here.
|Model:||Upgrade Method:||Download location:|
|Air Plus||PC | TF Card | OTA||Coming soon!|
|Air||PC | TF Card | OTA||http://probox2.com/category/probox2-air-firmware/|
|Z||PC | TF Card | OTA||http://probox2.com/category/probox2-z-firmware/|
|EX+||PC | TF Card | OTA||http://probox2.com/category/probox2-ex-firmware-3/|
|EX||PC | TF Card |||http://probox2.com/category/probox2-ex-firmware/|
11. Android 6 Marshmallow - Adoptable Storage (SD card as Portable card / Internal Storage)
Android 6 Marshmallow - Adoptable Storage (SD card as Portable card / Internal Storage)
Supported Model: PROBOX2 Air
Android 6.0 Marshmallow introduces Adoptable Storage. Adoptable Storage enables a user to set up their SD card / USB Drive as internal storage, and store applications, their data, and media on an adopted SD card / USB drive.
When you insert a SD card / USB drive for the first time on a Android 6.0 device, you can choose to either use the SD card / USB drive as Portable Storage or Internal Storage.
|Portable Card / Drive||Internal Storage|
|Select this mode if you frequently swap your SD card / USB drive between devices, use your SD card / USB drive for media storage only.||Select this mode if you want to completely extend your device storage with the SD card / USB drive, and need the card to store large applications, games, and their data.|
|You have a Class 2, 4, or 6 card.||
You have a high-speed card (UHS-1) / High-speed USB 3.0 drive
|If you frequently swap SD cards / USB drives, use SD card / USB drive to transfer content between devices and do not download many large app, we recommend configuring your card as “portable”.||If you want to store large games on the SD card / USB drive, if your device storage is always filling up, and you plan to always keep this SD card / USB drive in the device, we recommend keeping your SD card / USB drive as internal.|
Only pictures and media can be stored on the SD card / USB drive.
Downloaded applications, their data, is always internal. they can not be moved to the SD card / USB drive.
The SD card / USB drive is readable by other devices. (another phone, Mac, PC, digital camera)
Content on the SD card / USB drive is not encrypted by default.
Selecting Portable Storage will not require an immediate re-formatting of the SD card / USB drive.
The SD card / USB drive can become your device primary storage
Downloaded applications, their data and media can be moved to the SD card / USB drive
** This is dependent on application developer as they must allow for this feature with their application.
The SD card / USB drive is not readable by other devices. (another phone, Mac, PC, digital camera)
The SD card / USB drive is always encrypted, and can not be decrypted on any other device.
The SD card / USB drive will be formatted when Portable storage is selected.
We recommend use of a high speed card , such as a UHS-1 type. Class 4 and Class 2 micro SD cards are not recommended for adopted internal storage usage. The performance of these cards is typically 10x slower than internal storage performance.
High speed card are identified by these logos:
If your card it too slow, your device will warn your during the adoption process. If you encounter this dialog, we advise to upgrade your card to a UHS-1 card first.
A. Using your SD card / USB drive as ‘Portable Storage’:
• Insert the SD card / USB drive on your device
• Android will notify you a new SD card / USB drive has been detected, you can setup the card as portable or internal storage
• Media, pictures, movies already on the SD card / USB drive will be visible in the device photo gallery and media apps. New content side loaded to the card will also be available and viewable in media apps on the device.
• Some third party applications will enable you to store their content on the ‘portable’ SD card / USB drive, as in lollipop; but only if the application developer chose to do so (Google Play Music)
• If you select a SD card / USB drive as portable storage, you will NOT be able to move applications to the card, nor will play store automatically install applications to this card.
B. Using your SD card / USB drive as ‘Internal Storage’:
• Insert the SD card / USB drive in the device
• You should see a “Set Up SD card” Notification
• Tap on ‘setup SD card’ in the insertion notification (or go to settings -> storage -> select card -> menu -> format as internal)
• Select the ‘internal storage’ option, after have carefully read the warning
• If you currently have applications installed on the SD card / USB drive, your device will ask you to move these applications back to internal storage before formatting your SD card / USB drive
• Your SD card / USB drive will be formatted and encrypted, and usable as device storage
• Once the SD card / USB drive has been formatted, you will be asked whether you want to migrate data currently on your device to the SD card / USB drive. This step will move all media, pictures, and documents to the SD card / USB drive.
• By selecting where to migrate content, you also select the preferred storage location for all applications, databases and data.
• If you decide to move that data to the SD card / USB drive, the SD card / USB drive will also become the preferred storage location for all applications content, data and database and media.
• If you decide to skip this step, your device internal storage will remain the preferred storage for all content.
• Once a SD card / USB drive has been formatted as internal storage, both your device internal storage and the SD card / USB drive will show up as “device storage” under storage settings, and you will be able to move applications which were in internal storage to the card. Moving applications to the card can be done from application settings (settings->apps->select application->change storage location)
• Once a SD card / USB drive has been formatted as internal storage, Play Store will install applications on either storage volume automatically, based on a set of rules provided by the application developer (you will be able to move applications from one volume to another). If the application developer has not provided the correct set of rules for automatic installation to the SD card / USB drive, each time applications update, you will need to move them back to the SD card / USB drive.
Q: I want to use the new adoptable storage feature but I have applications on my SD card / USB drive, how do I avoid losing these applications ?
A: Adopting your new SD card / USB drive will reformat it and encrypt it. Before adopting your new SD card / USB drive, we recommend moving all applications on your existing SD card / USB drive back to internal storage; THEN adopting a new SD card / USB drive.
Q: After I adopt an SD card / USB drive as internal storage, can I use this SD card / USB drive in another device or my laptop ?
A: No. You should keep the SD card / USB drive in your device. Another device (laptop, camera) will not be able to view the content on the SD card / USB drive. If you remove an adopted card from a device, the system will request the SD card / USB drive be reinserted; you will lose access to apps and data on the SD card / USB drive until it is safely re-inserted.
Q: Are there any performance concerns ?
A: While formatting a SD card / USB drive for internal storage use, Android will perform a set of speed test and warn you if it determines your SD card / USB drive does not meet the minimal performance requirements.
Q: What about my data ?
A: The lifetime of a SD card / USB drive can vary depending on its manufacturer and class. We see a large variety of SD cards / USB drives, each with different properties. If you decide to use your SD card / USB drive for internal storage, it will typically have lower life span expectations than embedded device storage. We recommend you make sure important content and apps are backed up to the cloud.
Android 6.0 now auto-backups up application content and their data to Google Drive. SO, please make sure all your content is backed up to the cloud.
12. How to Set HDMI audio passthrough with bitstream in Kodi / XBMC
1. Make sure that your system configured for audio bitstream
PROBOX2 Air / EX+ / Z: SETTING -> sounds -> Digital sounds -> HDMI
2. For Kodi settings:
2.1. Open Kodi, select "System" -> "Settings"
2.2. Click Settings level to "Advanced" or "Expert".
2.3 Return to "Audio output" and select "Enable passthrough"
Note: You don’t need to select the Number of channels, leave all the other settings above Enable passthrough at default values.
2.4 Scroll down and select all the options
13. What webcam models can PROBOX2 support?
We have tested with Logitech C110, C170, C210, C920 and C525. For other models it may work but we don't know the compatibility issue.
14. How long is the warranty of PROBOX2 products?
PROBOX2 offers 1 year warranty for all products.
The 1 Year warranty is only provided by PROBOX2 Authorized Resellers / Distributors you purchase from.
They are responsible to provide Replacement / Repair service for their customers that purchase from them directly.
PROBOX2 does not handle warranty directly.
15. How to contact with PROBOX2 directly?
Last Update on: 24-AUG-2016